Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we use set_case_analysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manochitra

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...
what is use of set_case_analysis ?? why we set values 0 ,1 for it? what is the use SCAN_EN?? explain me

thanks in advance

you could define a sdc file for the scan mode for example with more hold time margin, or different max frequency, and another sdc for functional mode with a highest clock frequency, or with many clocks, instead one in scan mode(for example).
In general, if I could, I prefer to have only sdc constraint with cover scan & functional(s) modes, but sometime you need more than one sdc file.

Reactions: ciciw

ciciw

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi rca

thank you for ur information..If we set set_case_analysis as 0 or 1 is there any change ?? where could I find this change??

you should define which net:set_case_analyzis <net> <value>, no?

---------- Post added at 11:19 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

if we apply the constant value on the sepcific net like force the chip in scan mode for example

hai mano,,
By setting set_case_analysis to 1 u are making the tool to add this path in timing analysis

By setting set_case_analysis to 0 u are neglecting in timing consideration

Normally we use this for test case analysis

Ex:-
set_case_analysis 1 Testmode

sometimes to use set_case_analysis u need to initialize the set_interactive_active mode

syntax:- set_interactive_constraint_modes [all_constraint_modes -active]

To know which is used in set_case_analysis

u can use report_case_analysis

This may help you... Thanks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back