Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Am I Seeing a Sudden Change in S-Parameters at 3.5 GHz for intelligent reflecting surface( IRS/RIS) in CST Studio ?

Mahendra_3

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I’m working on an Intelligent Reflecting Surface (IRS/RIS/metasurface) in CST Studio, and I'm seeing a sudden change in S-parameters at my resonance frequency (3.5 GHz). This doesn’t match the smooth transition from 180 to -180 degrees reported in many IEEE papers. mean while some paper has the same graph as mine.

Additionally, are there any processes to bias the IRS in CST? I’ve attached a graph showing the S-parameters for reference.

Attachments

• S11,S21 Mag. vs freq.png
    S11,S21 Mag. vs freq.png
    114 KB · Views: 29
  • S11,S21 phases vs freq.png
    S11,S21 phases vs freq.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 31
In fact the rightmost graph appears to show a smooth transition from 180 to -180 degrees. It's mathematically correct even though it looks dog-legged. I guess there's no other correct way to plot all test results in one graph.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back