Not open for further replies.

ds18s20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I think there is some kind of SCSI flavor using this cable but I just cant find it - I need piece of cable with famale 50 IDC 1.27mm at the end? Any ideas - you can mention where you might have seen it (like inside HP4 whatever) and I will be happy to kill one just to pull the cable out of it

Or may be there is some kind of breakout board with an smd version of the female connector - that will do too!

Thanks
~B

Hi ds18s20

They are in my local store - but they do not do international sales for small orders.

**broken link removed**

I think they are used for ULTRA-IDE (133) where there is a ground wire between each data wire.

sorry can not help further ... Polymath

polymath said:
Hi ds18s20

They are in my local store - but they do not do international sales for small orders.
I think they are used for ULTRA-IDE (133) where there is a ground wire between each data wire. sorry can not help further ... Polymath

Cool, you are correct, they have it:

50 WAY IDC CABLE SOCKET FCI (RC) 19-3198 $1.21

If you are planing a trip to the shop anyway, I will be happy to shoot you a paypal for few of those plus whatever the shipping to US might be

~Brian

polymath said:
broken link removed

broken link removed

hope these help ... Polymath

Hi polymath

Thanks for the info. I just realized something interesting - the pitch of 1.27mm is the distance between the male pins where the female IDC that I seek needs to plug into. So the ribbon cable pitch is far less than 1.27mm since two conductors of the cable need to fit within the distance between 2 pins on the male/female IDC. So the ribbon cable IS in fact ATA133 where 2 conductors fit inside 1.27mm but the IDC that you listed is not, since all IDCs say they are made for 1.27mm cable but I really need something like 0.635mm ribbon

~B

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…