Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where to ask assembler related questions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandrew

Newbie level 1
Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am programming PIC microcontrollers in Assembler. Sometimes I get stuck and don't know how to solve a problem. I think many people know what I am talking about. :) I was looking for a forum where I can ask questions on which I can't find the answers in datasheets. I found this forum. Is it possible to find any answers here? If it is, which section should I ask assembler related questions in?

P.S. Or maybe you know any good forums...
Thanks.

General assembly questions can be posted here
eg. questions about algorithms, ...
More hardware related questions could be in the Microcontroller design section eg. how can i use the timer/counter in that mode on that specific uC
I guess the general rule is to post everything +- portable in "Programming Languages" and everyting Microcontroller Specific in "Microcontrollers Design Section"

But most assembly languages are close to the hardware! Not every instruction is available in every uC, some things are named differently or act different on different architectures. (It's not +- portable like C)
Be sure you mention the uC you're writing software for and be specific describing your problem. Small example code with the same problem might help!

Other sources of information might be the newsgroups or web based forums for your architecture. I'm not using PIC's but since AVR has some, PIC should have some for sure

Antharax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back