Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Where can I buy a walkie talkie in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy walkie talkie...

Digitronics, Shringar shopping complex, MG road, Bangalore.
But you should be licenced to buy one.
Cheers

buy walkie talkie...

but i have seen in some online shopping sites where its available there...do we need to have license even for that?

buy walkie talkie...

Its up to you when you buy such things online. The rules may be different in those countries where they sell. In india, to use any transmitter above 0.5watts, you need a valid license. may be an Amateur radio, Marine or Commercial one

Even if you buy it online, it will be held up in customs where you'll be required to clear the parcel with producing valid doccuments with customs duty.

Even still you get it delivered, when you use, if the monitoring stations trace you transmitting, you should be ready for the consequences.
Any way..Good luck.

buy walkie talkie...

I am sure there will be cheap, low power licence free ones, but I don't know the regulations where you are. Range will be limited.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.