What's the technique for making 360 deg rotation still shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello EDAians,
You may have seen those in advertisments...360 deg rotation shot of the still pictures? My question is what is the technique behind for obtaining 360 deg shot? Do they have arrays of camera around the object and taking picture at same time and later doing some image processing or anything other that i don't know? Plz help me understand it

Best Regards,
Buts101

How they do that?

there are some soft which helps to make panorama pictures from sequence of still images covering all 360 degree view. These softwares recognizes the picture borders and tails one to each other produce full 360 degree panoramic view.

BTW this is wrong place for this topic - "General" subforum is more suitable.

Re: How they do that?

I watched a thing on TV about that and also saw a home made unit being used at a football game. It's surprizingly simple..... multiple still cameras mounted in a semi-circle. If they all take a picture at once and you display them in order at film speed, it looks like you stopped time and moved the movie camera. If you watch closely, there aren't more than 10 or 15 positions in the swing. The poses aren't as natural as they look since the camera assembly is as wide as the appearent 'swing'. The professional ones are as wide as 6 feet and wrap partially around the subject. They are obviously also using complete circles in some cases. It's the same technique.

With today's cheap digital camera's you can reproduce it easily, although the one I saw used about 10-15 expensive still cameras.

i meet a guy here in boulder colorado that design that type of equipment .basically he has a rotating camera that takes several shots at diferent rotating angles and then the soft glues it together.

If you watch the professional ones, even individual water droplets are suspended in the same position in mid air through all the pictures. You can't do that with one camera. That's what makes those shots so interesting. In fact, if you look, they use very fast cameras (or film)and the flash is obvious on the subject from all the angles, meaning multiple simultainious flashes. (The subject is obviouly lit brighter than any other part of the picture).

This is one case where low-tech trumps high-tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…