Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of sensor is this?

Upbeat1

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

what is the type of sensor in the iVac Pro Tool Plus called? The device can be seen in this youtube video:

At the moment I am using a current transformer clamp to detect if current is flowing through an AC carrying cable. However, at the moment I have to split the wires out so I can clamp about a single wire so that the signal doesn't cancel each other out. I am looking to find out the sensor that would let me achieve this fully non-invasive.

Thank you very much1

Kind regards
Upbeat1

The keyword is "multi core cable current monitoring". A current transformer measures the field line integral around the cable which is always zero without common mode currents. To monitor the current in indivdual wires, you need to observe the field asymmetry, e.g. with a radial orientated sensor.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back