Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of data will be stored in this eMMC IC

FreshmanNewbie

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a hardware person and in an Electric vehicle infotainment display, we have an MPU along with this eMMC device (https://www.issi.com/WW/pdf/21-22TF16G-32G-64G-128G.pdf) along with an EEPROM.

But I am not sure as a hardware person, what for is the eMMC and the EEPROM will be used for?
Like, I understand both are memory devices, like one is non-volatile and the other is a volatile memory option.

However, what data does get stored in either memory? Can someone let me know for what purpose from an application PoV (EV Infotainment display product is being developed), is a.)an MPU used instead of an MCU, b.)Use of eMMC memory and c.)Use of EEPROM memory?

which one do you consider volatile and which one non volatile.

For me neither one is volatile.

Klaus
I apologize. I was meaning to say that I understand basic memories. ROM is non-volatile and RAM is volatile. But I didn't mention anything about RAM memory in my question. It is all about ROM memories only.

Also, there's also a display in the EV Infotainment display ECU, I thought that the image content for the display (the menu screens and display data), was usually stored in the eMMC. I was wrong then.

In that case, where would the display data (or the image contents for the display) be stored in?

I have no hands-on experience with EPROMS or EEPROMS but I understand they're a programmable device which retains memory values after the power source is removed. To erase the first type hold its built-in window under a UV lamp. The second type is electrically erasable. They can be erased and reprogrammed more than once.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back