Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the prefered electronic store in/or around toronto c

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3D_EYE

Newbie level 3
Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
supremtronics toronto

i often wonder where is the best place to get electronic components in/or around Toronto Canada
..online stores are ok but as long as they are located in Canada...man !some of those custom taxes are crazy expensive!

thanks in advance

Re: what is the prefered electronic store in/or around toron

Well, there is Supreme tronics in Downtown and Sayal in North York (about Victoria Park rd and McNicole). These two are the best. A1 Electronics is in Missisauga, but I've never been there :

https://www.a1parts.com/
A1 Electronic Parts
196 North Queen St.
Toronto, Ontario
M9C 4Y1

Supremtronics is good for buying single components and they are cheaper in all GTA, but in Sayal, you have to buy components in a package. For example you can buy a single diod in Supremtronics, but in Sayal, you'll have to buy a package of either 10, 20 etc.

www.sayal.com

Hope it helps.

R3D_EYE

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thanks a lot!
i reside in the east end but i commute to TORONTO daily, sounds like a couple of good choices there i ll check em out for sure
BTW
i ve dealt with A1 a few times
it s not really the place to go if you re looking for ic's or cutting edge stuff (the place is more like a junk yard really)
BUT..if your looking for decently priced used stepper motors or used lap top parts then this may be a place to consider
o ya you can always deal on prices with A1

hope this info helps you in return.

Thanks for the hint with A 1. I live in the east end as well, so I'd rather go to downtown, than Mississauga.

There is another one infront of Sayal electronics, but I don't recall the name. I think it's A 1, but I'm not sure. They have lots of good stuff, but they are also expensive. I got a variable power supply from them.

However, I found it cheaper and easier to buy components from ebay. Specially, in a kit.

BTW, www.digikey.com (US and Canada) is a very good. Actually, my professor always recommended it, but I've never used. I might buy a few programmable chip from them to see their service.

Peace,:D

R3D_EYE

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back