Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Future of Analog IC design

newbie_hs

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Team,

May I know your thoughts about future of Analog IC design.

which area in analog IC design will have more demand in future (like data converters, Analog AI chips, etc)

What new analog IC’s do we need in 2026-2030 that we don’t have yet.

I heard like chips required for AI will have more analog than digital.

Kindly share your thoughts.

Regards

May I know your thoughts about future of Analog IC design.

which area in analog IC design will have more demand in future (like data converters, Analog AI chips, etc)

What new analog IC’s do we need in 2026-2030 that we don’t have yet.

I heard like chips required for AI will have more analog than digital.

Kindly share your thoughts.

The future is about problems, parts are the answer
to real world problems. Do I know whether anybody
wants another op amp years from now? No, not 'til
I can figure out what future systems might impose
differently for requirements. You can bet on more bits
at higher rate for less power at zero cost if you want
to zoom out, but that's not real useful guidance. Same
for other generalities.

My entry to analog design was a failed part and departed
designer, and a willingness to jump. No way would the
"Analog Group" have seen me as worthy (I still hate the
Laplace transform) but they needed the help.

"By bloodshed, do the gods make known their will"

I've been getting it done for 30+ years so the customers
keep coming around. That's about as good as it gets.

There's a saying:
'Analog make many sell many.
Software make one sell many.'

More and more projects use digital instead of analog. Components for electronics are getting so miniaturized that hobbyists have trouble working with them. 13 years at this forum and we've observed a growing percentage of topics about PLD's (programmable logic devices) since merely one IC can do so much these days.

The electronics hobby field had its golden age decades ago when Heathkit and Lafayette stores were around. Radio Shack was connected closely with Allied. If we liked to order from mail-order suppliers we had several to choose from.

Now so many components are fake that analog discourages hobbyists. Thus price is driving more builders to digital. Digital circuitry (digital IC's) became speedy and mass-manufacturing made them practical enough they're taking over the electronics field.

However to create a simple IC there are reports that 3-D printing is becoming possible.

Power conversion and distribution are ever-present in our modern world. The heavy work is done by powerful components although they can be controlled by a tiny computer. Once upon a time a computer could be built from available IC's. However common everyday computers now contain IC's specially designed to be digital.

HAM Radio (analog) once was the mainstay for electronics around the world. But even now Software Defined Radio (SDR) is becoming popular.

Than you very much for your reply.

May I know which areas of analog IC design will have more demand in future.

Is analog IC design is saturated.

Read some articles which says future is analog computing.Links are given below .Please share your thoughts.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back