Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a DDR register in FPGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardyue

Full Member level 1
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Members,
What is DDR register? I want to know its role in FPGA and the basic structure of it. Thanks in advance.

xilinx ddr register

That's a Double Data Rate register. It has two clock inputs, and behaves like a very fast two-bit parallel-to-serial or serial-to-parallel shift register. Twice as fast as a regular register. One common way to clock a DDR register is to feed it your regular CLOCK and inverted-CLOCK.

In many FPGAs, DDR registers are available only at the input/output pins, but they are still very useful for communicating with a fast external device such as a DDR SDRAM.

Here are descriptions of Xilinx input and output DDR register primitives (named IFDDRCPE and OFDDRCPE) available in some FPGAs:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

The DDR register details vary between different FPGA types, so read your specific FPGA data sheet.

richardyue

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
shift register ddr

Hi, echo47
I want to ask you a private question. Would you like to tell me what your job is. You have helped me a lot. I think you must be an expert in the PLD field. But, you know, I'm a really newbie in this field. I want to change my job into the ASIC/FPGA. I've read lots of books, but it's not so easy without any practice. I'm kind of losing myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.