Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think about AVR debugWire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexxx

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How do you feel debugging an AVR board using JTAG and how using the debugWire?

Did anyone felt weird when he left his board working and the other day found it frozen thinking “G, I used debugWire and I forgot a breakpoint inside the codeâ€.
What about reset a board with DWEN fuse enabled? Not to mention inaccessible ISP interface! Do you think that it is wise to use the reset pin as the debugWire pin?
Personally I don’t have anything against debugWire, I got used to it and actually it is really cool when someone is using it in boards with ATtiny for example, it uses a few pins etc.
BUT: the filling when I download a program for the first time in an AVR board using JTAG, is completely different than debugWire.Does this stands for you too?

Status
Not open for further replies.