Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the factors that affect the ethernet performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshack

Junior Member level 3
Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ethernet performance distance

hi i am looking for the factors that affects ethernet performance.i need to write a paper about this subject .can anyone help to find any document ?

real world ethernet performance

hi
first i would advise u to study the standard thoroughly... and also the amendments so that u will know the history of evolution... then u ll be knowing the pros and cons...

then study some papers regarding...

the factors that effects the ethernet performance

well go through a tutorial ... understand how the technology works, what all factors affect the performance ... stuff like bandwidth, throughput, distance between the nodes, etc .. try getting your hands on tutorial papers ...

reading the LAN standards document is a painful task .. try reading the basics from a book like tanenbaum or stallings ...

Re: ethernet performance

If you are evaluating "real world" ethernet performance then you must also take into account the operating system that is running the tcp/ip stack. Only "hard" real time os's will give you something approaching deterministic performance.

ethernet performance

Anyone? I'm an intern in an information systems department and i really need information on ethernet troubleshooting. Thnks

Status
Not open for further replies.