Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wha t is the best matching circuit to be between the input s

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwer_sbh

Full Member level 1
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wha t is the best matching circuit to be between the input signal and the input of the microphone?Or how can i make the matching for a stage and the other?

Re: Wha t is the best matching circuit to be between the inp

Hi,
I suppose that the matching could be done by a CC(Common Collector) Two port circuit. The circuit works theoritically. But I am afraid its practical use.

Depends on the microphone type. For example electret mics need to be biased with a specific current, usually around 2 ma. and their output is high. Dynamic mics on the other hand don't need to be biased but usually produce a lower output voltage that needs to be amplified.

Hi,

Yes. The MIC type needs to be clear for biasing. Then how is related to matching the impedance. Because the amplifier, as i thought, doesnot account for impedance matching.

And dear answer_sbh can you comeup with your question.
If it is for the match between an input to the MIC and the actual input to the MIC, then it is by components that intensifies air pressure or mearly a pressure amplifier. When this is put in analogy to circuits then the sponge or usual hole structure in which the mic is kept should act as matching circuit.
(Corrections or suggestions please).

I couldn't understand much of the last response but I think there is no "matching" needed. The Mic or amp will output a voltage with a given source resistance. If the load is sufficiently high there will be minimal loading. If the load resistance is too low the audio will be attenuated. At audio frequencies there shouldn't be significant reactance.

how about using a balun(balance unit) to match each others impedance. one whose impedace would match both the input and output. there are connectors which are designed for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back