Status
Not open for further replies.

js

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need analyzing sw which "decode" WAV files to time graph!
I need for "simple" WAV files with sinus, rectangular signals....

I think matlab does it. Just read in the file, and plot it.
Otherwise, if you can find a copy, then Cool Edit will do it. It can display the .wav file graphically, and it can save it as a raw PCM (e.g. 16-bit, or 8-bit
A/u-Law) without the .wav header too. However, the software is no longer developed, and Adobe Audition was the replacement (but I've
never tried Audition, and I don't know if it is suitable).

Reactions: js

js

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes CoolEdit very cool! I download CoolEdit 2000 v1.1 but it is only for trial period of use!
And I think matlab is also non free tool! But I see many responsis/questions/answers on this forum...
p.s.
I need manipulation only on few seconds or milisecounds of sounds (edit, merge, edit left and right of stereo channels)

Try "Free Audio Editor" from:
https://free-audio-editor.com

I use it for preparing digitized speech samples before storing them in ROM because it can handle non-standard PCM rates. It's a useful tool and most of it's functions are free, there is a small charge to unlock the remaining functions. Alternatively, Audacity might be able to do your job.

Brian.

if you are looking for a free version to decouple the audio file I think GNU octave will help there they have wavread () function there...

refer this -

**broken link removed**

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…