Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wat does it mean by 12,8 mm distance optoisolators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericmar

Full Member level 5
Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

I'm quite new to optoisolators so i hv no idea wat this phrase means. Can u guys explain to me?

The whole original line is "FIMET’s new iOX sensor has 12,8 mm distance optoisolators in the signal line of the USB and 4 kV/12,8 mm galvanic isolation in the power lines."

Wat abt the "4 kV/12,8 mm galvanic isolation"? Wat is this?

Thx a lot!

Wat does it mean by "a 12,8 mm distance optoisolators&a

That means the transmit and receive circuits are physically separated by at least 12.8 millimeters, and can withstand a voltage difference of 4000 volts. That probably complies with an isolation safety requirement.

ericmar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Wat does it mean by "a 12,8 mm distance optoisolato

echo47 said:
That means the transmit and receive circuits are physically separated by at least 12.8 millimeters, and can withstand a voltage difference of 4000 volts. That probably complies with an isolation safety requirement.
Is that actually a typo since it said 12,8 mm not 12.8 mm?

Thx anyway! :D

Wat does it mean by "a 12,8 mm distance optoisolators&a

No, it is not a typo. In many countries, the comma is used instead of the period for the decimal point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back