Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VSD causes the motor to jerk and the run LED to pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrWhoF

Advanced Member level 1
Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VSD problem

I have variable speed drive which is faulty.
As advised by board members I removed the IGBT module and tested it with a power supply. All transistors can be turned on and off.
I can't find any damaged or faulty component but the VSD still causes the motor to "jerk" and the RUN LED pulses instead of being on.
Any possible reasons?

Re: VSD problem

It is difficult to tell you exacltly what to do ..

If you haven't notice anything suspicious then try to reset all adjustments to default ( some VSDs will have single command that resets all screens to default - it may be called INITIALISE or something like that).. maybe one or more parameters are incorrect or out of range and that causes the VSD to drive the motor in that manner ..

Usually VSDs have commissioning configuration record - check out if you have it - if not, go through all settings and write them down, as after values are reset to default you will need to set up selected screens ..
Try to run the motor for a while with the default values; if it runs alter control adjustments as required - one-by-one ..

Regards,
IanP

DrWhoF

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: VSD problem

Thank you very much.
I'll give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor