Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodkumar

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys.iam trying to implement an algorithm onto FPGA,in mwhich the inputs are real and i need various operations like sqrt,div etc.i used math_real where these operators r thr.but they r not synthesizable,i tried in google and i found one library fplib which performs real operations.but iam unable to use it.so

kindly if any one had earlier used this.plz tell me the procedure and give the sample program with outputs.

What type FPGA are you using? Xilinx has floating-point cores:
**broken link removed**

vinodkumar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi frnd.i have gone thru the cite specified but the thing which i need was put under signonce ip.u plz help me how to procure that.

Which FPGA and software are you using? If you use Xilinx ISE, the floating-point core is included at no extra cost. Launch Coregen and select it. I don't know about other manufacturer's software.

What trouble did you have with fplib? Maybe someone here is familiar with it and can help you.

hi
the problem which iam facing is i have included all vhd files of fplib in hierarchy.iam able to simulate the code by forcing the inputs,but iam not sure of what iam getting becoz iam not having proper doc with me.if anyone can mail me a document which contains an ex for division and sqrt.i will be verymuch thankful if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…