Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Variable DC power supply circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

convoluted

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I'm planning on building a 1.2-18V @ 1.5A variable DC power supply using an LM317 variable regulator. The circuit I plan on following is seen here: **broken link removed**. I will be using a 19V @ 6A AC laptop adapter (VERY cheap on eBay, couldn't resist) and I would like to double the circuit such that I have two 1.5A channels to work with. My question is, would I be able to replicate the circuit and draw from the same power supply without issue, or would the two circuits interfere with on another somehow? Obviously the ground will be common between the two circuits, as would be the power supply. Is there anything I need to consider, noise issues, power requirements, etc?

Thanks in advance

There should be no major problems, there are numerous examples of circuits that use several voltage regulators (eg. LM7812, LM7809, LM7805 etc.) fed from one common dc power source ..
You may consider adding RF-chokes on positive rails of each branch, but it's really optional ..

IanP
:grin:

Awesome, thanks very much Ian. I figured there wouldn't be a problem, but thought I'd check just in case :) Cheers and +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.