Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UWB Radar signal detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

oyvdahl

Member level 5
Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone

I am working with an Ultra-Wideband (UWB) radar. The radar sends out a pulse, the pulse is reflected if it hits any objects, then the radar samples any recieved energy over a small time-frame. The result from one frame with my hand in front of the radar is shown below (with time on x-axis and energy on y-axis):

The area in the red box is the reflected energy from my hand.
Does anyone know any good algorithms that can be used to identify the reflection from the hand? I have tried to use a simple convolution technique and also just tried looking for the highest peak. These both work to a certain degree, but unfortunately the signal is not always as clean as the one above. Therefore I am looking for something more robust.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oyvind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back