Not open for further replies.

joebazoka

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
usb set address

Hi. I have a problem with a Set Address setup packet. I am working in a DOS driver for USB. First I send a Get_Device_Descriptor packet to an USB device to the address 0, Endpoint 0 (Default address). The device repond correctly to this requirement. Then I send a Set_Address packet (0x00,0x05,0x0001,0x0000,0x0000) with address number 1 and the device accept this packet, but when I send a new Get_Device_Descriptor to the new address of the device(1), this give me an error (Transfer Descriptor Status=0x44). Please if anybody have information about this help me. Regards.

get_device_descriptor

u must send one data packet before u send any other packet, otherwise the address is disable

USB problem

Please, can you be more specific?. What data packet must be send after of Get_Device_Descriptor?. Regards.

Are you writing a device driver or are u using a one on the PC side?

i think visualart's meaning is that u have to IN a zero-length packet before sending out the new Get_Device_Descriptor to the new assigned address

USB Set Address

I can fix the problem. Thanks to all. I just add a zero lenght IN packet after the Set_Address packet. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…