Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Interface Problem PDIUSBD12

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunsina

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone worked with PDIUSBD12 which Interfacing UC to PC and UC to UC?
the Datasheets that Philips Offer doesn't Contain anything helpful.

The Eval Board is Complicated and need specific UCs.

I Prefer 8051 & AVR MCU.
I think a small board design with this Chip and AT89C52 24MHz will be simple and the best Design.

Regards

In my opinion, PDIUSBD12 is possible for UC to PC. But do you think it's possible for UC to UC interface/communicate?

Check out 'beyondlogic.org', they have an application using the PDIUSB11 with full c source code. It is similar to the 12 but has a serial interface.

PIDUSB 12 works only for UC to PC communication. It implements a USB 1.1 device.

To get it upp and running you need to write the USB devicr drivr for your UC and find/write a driver for the PC. Beond logic is a great source for that.

USB can not be used for UC to UC communication without a lot of coding. The USB device driver is easy to create but to comunicate with a device there must be a USB host on the buss (in most cases the PC). For this you need a USB host chip and a driver for it, and this driver is not an easy pice of code...

To lear more about USB also check the www.usb.org 's developers forum.

re Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back