Not open for further replies.

pinifrancesco

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Updating layout

Dear All,

I'm doing the layout of a low noise differential amplifier using Cadence Virtuoso XL tool.
I've just realize that, for better matching, I want to split the input transistors in two so that I can use a common centroid technique. I've just splitted the transistors on the schematic view but I don't know how to update this change on the layout view in order to obtain the splitted transistors.

Can anyone kindly help me? Is there a method to update the layout parameters when you change something in the schematic?

Thank you very much for your help guys

Francesco

Re: Updating layout

Hi,

In Virtuoso XL, look for the tab "Connectivity", there is an "Update" section in the menu.
Better if you go through the manuals regarding this feature & try to play around a bit.
It can also be a bit tricky trying to create the device correspondence when you first start out (e.g. equating 1 transistor in schematic to 2 in layout).
I can't really check mine at the moment as VXL is quite slow & our resources are a bit short.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…