Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unsynchronized Crossing Reported by Spyglass CDC in a Sync FIFO

yuexplore

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I met this vio: Ac_unsync02: ... Reason: Gating logic not accepted: only source drive MUX data inputs; at least one destination domain signal should drive a MUX data input. detail schematic is shown in the figure. Any idea about to how to resolve it?
detail.png
The Aync FIFO I used is from this repo: https://github.com/MahmouodMagdi/Clock-Domain-Crossing-Synchronizers. And I modify these lines in constraints
set_input_delay -clock W_CLK 40 [get_ports R_inc]
set_output_delay -clock R_CLK 8 [get_ports Full]

to

set_input_delay -clock R_CLK 40 [get_ports R_inc]
set_output_delay -clock W_CLK 8 [get_ports Full]

add reset constraints
then do the spyglass CDC.
I attached my .sgdc for your convenience to have a try.

Thank you
Best,
Yue

Attachments

• FIFO_TOP.sdgc.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 17
set_input_delay not only sets a number, it tells synthesis whether that input is synchronous to a clock domain. by flipping the commands, you inverted the intended behavior. R_inc is supposed to be linked to the write clock, not the read clock.

set_input_delay not only sets a number, it tells synthesis whether that input is synchronous to a clock domain. by flipping the commands, you inverted the intended behavior. R_inc is supposed to be linked to the write clock, not the read clock.
How about constraints of FULL? I just don't know why the FULL signal need to be synchronized with R_CLK. In the original constraints, seems all inputs are synchronized with W_CLK and all outputs are synchronized with R_CLK. Could you let me know why we should write constraints like that?

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back