Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ua741 input offset voltage simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunli567

Junior Member level 1
Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ua741 offset

hi, i meet a question when i do this simulation.
i use following test circuit to analyse the offset voltage of us741. But the result is strang. Output equals to 0 when input is 0.19uv. But in its datasheet, this voltage should be 5mv.
Could you point my mistake, please?
Thanks!

offset voltage simulation

Read the datasheet more thoroughly! I surely doesn't say, the offset voltage should be 5mv. It may be up to +5mV or -5mV, typically it's less. Simulation models may assume any arbitary value, some have a considerable offset, others don't.

offset ua741

Thanks for your reply. In the datasheet, it mentions MAX offset voltage is 5mv and TYP is 1mv. So the limitation is +/-5mv and the different test circuits get different offset voltage results. Could anybody provide the other test circuits please?

ua741 offset application

I don't understand which test cicrcuits you're refering to. Many OP model have a VOS model parameter, that can be overriden in the device instantiation to operate the circuit at different OP offset voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.