Status
Not open for further replies.

ronins9720

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to transmit an end result generated by microprocessor through FM and vice-versa i.e can we also process the information received through FM on microprocessor? If possible please explain.

Dear ronins9720
Hi
Is your mean , just with a microprocessor ? if yes , what distance ? ( how much power ) and what frequency ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Than you for replying. Yes I mean microprocessor. Frequency is not perficular whichever frequency solve my purpose. The distance is around 100 sq.meter.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Sir, actually power and distance is very small. I am confused about which microprocessor I should use if transmitting information is possible.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Actually I want to transmit the data generated by the I/P of barcoad reader or RF ID.

Dear ronins
Hi
Yes , it seems possible ! but not easily !
Any where . what kind of processor you decided to use ? and how about your receiver ? would you like to design a receiver for your own
transmitter? let me simplify my meaning ! if you want use a usual broad casting receiver ( radio FM ) you should create a frequency around , 88 up to 108 MHZ . but you can work at amateur band too ! 27 MHZ . but i have doubt that you can do it with a processor , easily .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

If not FM than what means of transportation can be used for information generated by microprocessor?

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

Obviously wireless.

Most simple is to use a single chip coder/decoder to translate binary data to tones. These tones can then modulate a FM transmitter as any audio signal.
At receiver end are the tones translated back to binary data. Conversion between binary data and tones can be done in many ways, DTMF protocol is among the most simple. Search for Mitel MT8889C circuits and you can find a lot of plans.
A bit more mobile solution, with no need to build any logic decoding, TX/RX or antennas, is to hack a non programmable wireless controlled electrical remote and corresponding switch for power outlets. It is probably the most cheap alternative. With some luck do the remote contain an IC with 8-12 addressable pins. A few pins are connected to the push buttons and remaining pins are used to address correct receiver. Connect a few of the address lines to the MCU and read data at corresponding pins in the receiver. You must arrange with a separate power supply for the receiver as it else is directly connected to mains voltage.

Last edited:

Thank you. You are Genious... but i didnt understand the concept of remote control. can you explain it in detail or provide a link from which we i can study about it in detail. The of converting a binary data into into tone is really clever. If such circuits are used in large number than is it cost efficient or not?

Buy and destruct a remote of this type: **broken link removed**
Lets hope you find something like this inside the remote: https://www.rentron.com/PicBasic/tws-4342.gif
This is a experimental DIY solutions without thinking about radio regulations and where you can get needed material at really low cost by reusing existing design.
Are you thinking about producing something that is transmitting in large numbers , preferably low cost, contact a professional RF-designer, and forget all about FM. A typical solutions is Ti CC1000, PSK modulation, a PIC circuit as data interface and a tuned loop antenna, enclosure, battery, PCB...
It is cheap in large numbers but the first one will cost you ~ 10.000$.

Last edited:
I checked out the diagram and it's components. What will be the best modulation technique to implement? Can we do the interface of barcode reader or RFID directly to data line of HT12E? I mean can we perform different operations on data with the help of HT12E or microprocessor is required for that? Thank you...

Can we do the interface of barcode reader or RFID directly to data line of HT12E?
If interfacing is possible is mainly depending on logic levels, baud rate and if any serial parallel conversion is needed.
I mean can we perform different operations on data with the help of HT12E
HT12E will not do anything else then distribute digital data.

If that is good enough for your needs or if a unknown barcode reader can be interfaced against HT12E? No, I don't think so. :roll:

Last edited:
Reactions: goce1

goce1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Ok, so I think microprocessor is required for data processing. Thank you.

Reactions: goce1

goce1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…