Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transition States for Constraint Length K = 7 convolutional Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmsa474

Newbie level 2
Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I need to know output of convolutional encoder for K = 7 means (6 memory elements), output with corresponding (transition) states. I could found this for K = 3 (means 2 memory elements) with 4 states and 4 different outputs and in other way 8 possible outputs which are written on arrows leading from one stage of trellis to another trellis stage. Its dimension should be 64 x 2 which means 64 rows and 2 columns. In other words, I want to see/create one complete trellis stage (64 states) with corresponding outputs.
I need to know this because I want to calculate Euclidean distance of these outputs and received values.
By using polynomial description, I know its possible to calculate output or next states etc but it's a very lengthy process.

I have seen Matlab's function "poly2trellis" but "trellis.outputs" is also not useful for me.
Please help me if anyone can. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

It would be a simple thing to write out the next state and output values of a 7,1/2 encoder. But how will that help you to find the euclidean distance? Euclidean distance depends on how each of those output values are mapped to constellation points. Even if that is done, this is not a good measure, since it the minmum distance between sequences of outputs is more important (not that between 2 outputs).
-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back