Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transistors spice models

dolgaleb

Member level 1
Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to replace transistor MRF4427 because it is obsolete. I have the datasheet but it does not include parameters that are needed to find a replacement. I contacted the manufacturer but they explained that because the part is so old, they don't have the information.

I am hoping that someone has used this part in the past such that they can provide the missing information.

I need the following:
(1) Output power
(2) OP1dB
(3) Psat
(4) Collector current during operation
(5) Maximum input power

I have not had any luck trying to find spice models for the following transistors:

(1) MRF4427
(2) MRF1517T1
(3) MMBTH10L

Could anyone send the spice model if they have it or provide a link where I can find them.?

Are you gonna use this part for a brand new design or just replacement ??
It's not so easy to find an equivalent because discrete components are slowly dying for RF and Microwaves.
All you can do is to find an approximative equivalent one in different case then adapt it into its new place.

All parts with s-parm's may converted to spice models. (e.g. MRFxxxx)

The inverse of the Y11 parameter will match the subcircuit model in LTSpice if the "hacks" option to let default inductor Rser (DCR) =0 is checked. (ref)

see LTspice help
"

.NET — Compute Network Parameters in a .AC Analysis​

This statement is used with a small signal(.AC) analysis to compute the input and output admittance, impedance, Y-parameters, Z-parameters, H-parameters, and S-parameters of a 2-port network. It can also be used to compute the input admittance and impedance of a 1-port network. This must be used with a .AC statement, which determines the frequency sweep of the network analysis."

Syntax: .net [V(out[,ref])|I(Rout)] < Vin|Iin> [Rin=<val>] [Rout=<val>]

Last edited:
I need the following:
(1) Output power
(2) OP1dB
(3) Psat
(4) Collector current during operation
(5) Maximum input power
Some of this is hidden in a data sheet table:

mrf4427.png

You can replace MRF4427 with one of these transistors: BFG135, BFG235, BFG97, BFG591, BFQ19, BFQ591, 2SC5551.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back