Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tran switching to single inner/outer iteration (LDD) mode at time=X

rockykumar

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to do a pre-sim of Sigma Delta ADC using HSPICE in 0.18um technology.
What I encountered is the simulation keeps stopping at a particular time for the same setup.
I know I should check the results of before the event of error, which I will do for sure. But what I am curious is, if it is a normal problem encountered with multi threading feature in HSPICE simulation.

The error I encountered is also shown in the attached picture:

8.2% time = 13.448015 ms ( etc = 1:04:22, ett = 1:10:09 )
( wall = 5:46 cpu = 1:26:15 s=14.9401 )
Tran switching to single inner/outer iteration (LDD) mode at time=0.013505 1.2e-12 , wait rebuilding

Error: Convergence Failure ... exiting at time point 0.0135051

>error ***** hspice job aborted

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 68
Convergence failure pops up for unexpected reasons. Sometimes it's because a device tries to output a state when that state cannot be determined because its inputs are not yet definite. This tends to occur early in the simulation.
Such devices in a delta-sigma ADC could be:
* flip-flop
* op amp
* logic gate
* counter
etc.

Try defaulting each input high or low with a high-ohm pullup/down resistor.

Thanks, I checked with the OPA to find the reason. I found its due to OPA's gain bandwidth which I have to increase to solve this issue.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: