Not open for further replies.

Adrian_Nigam

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could help me to program a PIC18F4XK20 Starter Kit to read the MCP9700 Temperature Sensor and Display the reading onto an "OLED" screen. As it's a starter kit the sensor and OLED screen are all on the board.

Code written in Assembly or C would be very helpfull and it doesn't matter if it's in PicBAsic, Mplab, MikroC, etc.

Thanks

Hi,

Well thats a nice dev board you have there, but why are you asking for code when it comes with a full set of demos and lessons for the temp sensor / adc and the oled.

See here incase you have not got them **broken link removed**

They all seem to be in C but is that the path you want to go down ?

I use the 18F4620 in Assembler the adc is easy, but the big problem would be finding some assembler code for the Oled as I have no idea of its software needs.

Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at the Demos and Lessons and I have figured out how to use the OLED screen.
The problem I have is that I'm not able to merge the A/D code with the OLED one.
Is there any way you could post me your A/D code and try and merge that with my OLED code??

Thanks you so much

Hi,

See what you mean, the adc routine outputs to the leds not the oled display.

Afraid you cannot just mix and match Assembler and C, so my code is no good for that purpose.

The 18F series is right in the middle of the Pic range, it is equally suitable for programming in Assembler or C.

Having that oled display on the board does mean you have to use it with C for now, although it is quiet possible to add a conventional 16x2 lcd to the expansion port so it could be used with either - so many pic projects are based on a 16x2 lcd.

So you need to decide which programming route you want to follow - can give to some links to some programming books if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…