Tcd density drc violations

sudheer_1706

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm getting tcd density violations for my db. I've already generated calibre feol and beol fills. I've two pnr dbs, fills are generated in the same fashion for both of them. But one is getting tcd density violations and other is not getting. Pls help me.

Have you inserted tcd cells by hand? That is usually recommended as they are large and the fill utility can struggle to find space in your design for them

Have you inserted tcd cells by hand? That is usually recommended as they are large and the fill utility can struggle to find space in your design for them
Thanks for your response.

We don't have TCD cells in our design; instead, we're generating a layer called BDTCD layer along with metal fills in Calibre and merging the output metal fill GDS with the top-level GDS. However, for one PNR database, the pattern generation is happening correctly, while for the other database, the TCD pattern is missing in the Calibre fill GDS. I would like to know how these TCD fills are placed in the design and what criteria are used.

For that, you need to read the PDK. There are very simple rules for how often you need to place TCD cells, like once for every 1mmx1mm region.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…