Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Study of cavity impedance between two plane on PCB

rdpdo2002

Junior Member level 2
Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I would like to calculate the impedance between the two plane of a PCB when electromagnetic fieds expanse in the dielectric to illustrate how the cavity resonate.

My aim is to put some GND via to illustrate the resonnance changing.

I tried to make a wave port on top and on bottom to get S parameter but got error because plane on bottom is perfect conductor.

So I am trying to use field calculator to estime impedance. I first try to get capacitance using Q=CV ; I can have Q on top and Q on bottom but to get Voltage across top and bottom I need to integrate E along Z between the two planes... but for each line on the volume... I don"t know how to do ??

Do you have a guideline to do this ?

1722082952734.png

Thanks you !

Planar capacitance depends on gap, area and dielectric constant between conductors.

Planar inductance of a square area has the same near zero inductance regardless of its size. But then at wavelengths > 10% path length with gap capacitance it becomes a dielectric resonator antenna.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back