Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SSR problem

otchu

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello .... here a very light version of my circuit (sorry for the bad drawing).

1000007343.jpg

So on one pole of the SSR I have a potential of 450v DC. My goal is to measure the resistance of the 'charge' (0 to 500 ohm) with a uprocessor when I don't have the 450v (SSR close). When I start to have the 450v, I do open the SSR. My problem is every single SSR who can handle 450v have a Ron resistance who change with temperature (30 ohm at 20 degrees to 60ohm at 85 degrees) and I need less than 5% tolerance of my 'charge'reading ....

[MODERATOR ACTION]
  • Replaced original picture by another one (enhanced) minimally inteligible

Attachments

• 1000007343.jpg
    1000007343.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a look at all your suggestions ... forget to mention, the current for reading the value can NOT be more than 3mA

O.k., following the Kelvin sensing suggestion you are feeding 3 mA through "uP" pin and diode and measure load voltage drop through sufficient high ohmic, 450 V rated resistors and differential amplifier. Required voltage resolution for 5% of 500 ohm is 75 mV. How much time available for measurement?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: