Not open for further replies.

nofuj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I have a signal of 1000 observations, and aim is to perform a spectral analysis of this signal.

I've found this forum very helpful, since there are threads with matlab's codes, helpful suggestions ...

However, my signal may be a bit specific. I think some difficulties have appeard since data is measured with not the same sampling period. I mean that interval T between two successive samples is always different, and hence the sampling frequency Fs = 1/T is different as well. But frequency is essential for spectral plots, I think. How to deal with this?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Can anyone recommend me a good literature about psd and periodograms etc., but written for beginners? I can generate a figures from matlab, but I don't understand them, can't read anything from them :-(

Well, in fact I have several signals and I would like to compare them through the spectral analysis.

Thanks. Jan. (and sorry for used english, hope, text is readable )

Hi!

I think that the best book to understand about psd and periodograms is Lyons's "Understanding Digital Signal Processing". It was helpful for me one year ago when I worked with my fft and wavelets.

Good luck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…