Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some ideas

KlausST

Advanced Member level 7
Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

1) forum section description

I see forum sections

Analog Circuit Design​

and

Analog Integrated Circuit (IC) Design, Layout and more​

If I´m not mistaken they are meant for "PCB level" and "IC level" designs respectively. Often these get confused by members. So that threads often are placed in the wrong section.
Is it possible to add some clarifying information in the headline like: "Analog Circuit Design (PCB level)"?

2) new forum section.

In addition to the DIY section ... maybe a "tutorial section" could be useful.
Here experienced designers could (randomly) give recommendations (appended PDFs) on how to properly do sth.
It may be schematics, circuit design, PCB design, math examples, how to interprete measurement results.

Klaus

I agree, we get some postings with excellent technical information but often with a link to an external web site. It would be useful if it could be posted or moved to a tutorial (or a "technical reference") section rather than deleting it because it contains advertising.

Brian.

This thread brings up a couple areas where administrators could modify Edaboard's categories. I've thought that an AI routine could examine posts and move many to their more pertinent section. Example, often an advanced query gets submitted to the Elementary section. The number of visitors at Edaboard is so large that I believe it fulfills administrators' hopes Edaboard could serve as a vast resource of electronic knowledge. The Search capability is a vital tool in that regard and makes old and new posts easy to use as a kind of library.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: