Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some circuit diagrams are required ?

1) power diagram of star delta connection of 3 phase motor

2) controlling diagram of star delta connection of 3 phase motor

3) power diagram of reverse - forward (motor that automatically runs forward & then runs reverse after sometime with a timer) connection of 3 phase motor

4) controlling diagram of reverse - forward (motor that automatically runs forward & then runs reverse after sometime with a timer) connection of 3 phase motor.

thanks

thanks a lot KAK , but what about the remaining ones :

3) power diagram of reverse - forward (motor that automatically runs forward & then runs reverse after sometime with a timer) connection of 3 phase motor

4) controlling diagram of reverse - forward (motor that automatically runs forward & then runs reverse after sometime with a timer) connection of 3 phase motor.

thanks

Why do we use star delta combination ?

What are the advantages & disadvantages of Star configuration ?

What are the advantages & disadvantages of Delta configuration ?

thanX

Draw some time sequence chart or diagram, so i can look, how you want that circuit work.
Put some timing values in diagram too.

Why do we use star delta combination ?

Star Delta Start Up Principles

more precise explanation of the star-delta starting.........
**broken link removed**

you may take any example , i won't mind it ........ i don't remember any particular example ......

it means we use star delta configuration to reduce the starting current to 67% ...... that's the huge advantage of it

and huge disadvantage is the low starting torque of the motor which causes late run up (or to take lot of time to reach the motor to its rated torque & speed) .... Am i right ?

tell me more about dual voltage motors ?

thanks

you may take any example , i won't mind it ........ i don't remember any particular example ......

In industries normally star-delta connection established for low power motors (under 5KW) but for high power motors or under power motors in number of quantity normally industrialist use softstarter, which purpose is to give required starting torque and with a minimal of starting ampere. Actually these starters gives full required of current for a moment for starting torque and than normalize all values. you can say they give a spike of current and voltage for some mili seconds and than reduce them.

However start-delta connection are normally use where single motor or few motor use are required.

reverse forward motor power diagram & controlling diagram :

up & down of the shaft (rollers) in the printing machine to adjust & control the precise & accurate printing ........

thank you very much KAK ......

How to check whether there are voltages on coil of a contactor ? The coil ( A1 & A2 ) voltage is 220 V AC .........

where to connect the meter probes ???

thank ya

How to check whether there are voltages on coil of a contactor ? The coil ( A1 & A2 ) voltage is 220 V AC .........
where to connect the meter probes ???
Hmm... lets think about that....

If you have two points A1 & A2 ,
and you want measure voltage between them,
and ac-voltmeter has two measurement cables.

Question is :
How do you connect these two measurement cables to these two points A1 and A2 ???

directly connect voltmeter probes to A1 & A2 ? is it correct

Status
Not open for further replies.