Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solving clock net DRVs in ICC2

NeilDegruth

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I use Synopsys IC Compiler II for the implementation and I'm getting DRC errors from the clock net such as max cap, max transition, and diff net spacing. However, incremental detailed routing or signoff DRC fixing doesn't fix anything about clock nets. How can I solve clock net DRC errors? Thank you.

You can use signoff DRC tools like Synopsys IC Validator to perform thorough DRC checks and provide detailed reports on the violations.

You can use signoff DRC tools like Synopsys IC Validator to perform thorough DRC checks and provide detailed reports on the violations.
Yes, I can see them with IC Validator. However, as far as I remember I can't fix clock nets with signoff_fix_drc command or run CTS incrementally to fix max transition and capacitance errors. My question is how can I fix them?

Are you confusing DRC with DRV?
I think I've heard DRV as both physical and logical DRC errors from some physical design courses and used it.

Thank you for your answers.

Yes, I can see them with IC Validator. However, as far as I remember I can't fix clock nets with signoff_fix_drc command or run CTS incrementally to fix max transition and capacitance errors. My question is how can I fix them?

I think I've heard DRV as both physical and logical DRC errors from some physical design courses and used it.

Thank you for your answers.
Have you analyzed the report of the DRC violations generated by Synopsys IC Validator?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back