Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small on-helmet display (HUD-like) solutions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdanm

Advanced Member level 4
Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
transparent helmet display

Hello all,

I wonder if anybody out there knows about a simple solution for displaying simple information on the screen of a helmet. I really don't want to be constrained to sell water mellons for the rest of my life in order to pay for it, so it has to have a reasonable price. I don't need a big resolution, actually a simple 5 digit, 7 segment display would probably be enough, but it has to be on the helmet (ideally transparent, but not a strict requirement, however as much as possible of the helmet screen surface must remain visible) and it must be visible in full daylight. The location of the display can be moved to a pair of eyeglasses if required. Anybody knows about a relatively cheap way (at max 200USD) to do this?

Where can I find such a display at a resonable price ?

Hi bogdanm,

I think that it will not be simple to realise such display, or to find it at low cost.
The HUD and Helmet displays used in aeronautics are based on symbology projected on an infinite colimated lens. This optical part is specifically designed to take into account the position of the display source and the position of the eye. So the Pilot eye don't has to change the focus to see the displayed information. I don't know if such optical part is accessible for the public.
I think that if this was cheap, our cars will be equiped with ....

Good luck :)

Not a true answer to your question but a cool toy in the same are that migt give some ideas.

Oceanic Worldwide Integrated Diver Display Mask Technology
**broken link removed**

but be aware, people migt find you strange if your not in the water when using it...

regards Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back