Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Slow LTSpice Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor6271

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have been trying to simulate a variable dual polarity power supply system to filter noise and distortions to act as a power supply to my ADC.
The problem is for my research I need to do things like sweep voltage, frequency, load resistance etc. to analyse their effect on the output
That means I have to simulate the circuit a lot of times to get the results but the issue is that each simulation takes about two hours and just makes the work very slow.
Would appreciate anything that can help me with this.
IMG-20240614-WA0238.jpg

Hi,

which solver are you using "Normal" or "Alternate"? Alternate is usaully way faster. Further, you can increase the allowed tolerances, see here. You can modify the mentioned parameters, and compare it with a "good" result which takes 2 hours siumlation time. Depending on your criteria, you can speed up the simulation time.

Generally, the simulation of switching applications is quite time consuming. You could also have a look on QSPICE, which is should run faster (see also here).

BR

Things to try:

* You have many wires going to ground through other wires. The simulator is using cpu cycles needlessly to calculate current in those joined wires (regardless that their volt level is zero). Give each of those wires its own ground.

* Choose greatest (longest) time step that works in the simulator for your simulated frequency (say 1/100 of a cycle).

* Set each capacitor to a startup volt level (if possible) so you don't have to watch & wait for that capacitor to charge up to normal running voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back