Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation underwater antenna in HFSS

SamiraAmiri

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I want to simulate an underwater antenna in HFSS. does anyone know anything about it?
I want to put antenna in a box and then submerge the box in to water. do I need to consider the box in radiation box? Do I need to have 2 radiation box ( water and Box)?

Not two radiation boxes.
1. An air volume
2. The case material
3. A water filled radiation box

Question is if you want to model wave absorption and dispersion in water, in this case the radiation box size must be probably increased beyond usual size.

Not two radiation boxes.
1. An air volume
2. The case material
3. A water filled radiation box

Question is if you want to model wave absorption and dispersion in water, in this case the radiation box size must be probably increased beyond usual size.
Hello
Thank you very much for your reply.

I want to design an antenna that can exchange WiFi waves from a depth of 10 meters under the sea. In this case, should I also consider wave absorption and dispersion?

If yes, how many times the size of the radiation box should be the volume of the structure?

Depends on the objective of your simulation. To get correct antenna behaviour, the radiation box must at least cover the near field zone. Absorption per meter can be added separately.

Depends on the objective of your simulation. To get correct antenna behaviour, the radiation box must at least cover the near field zone. Absorption per meter can be added separately.
To calculate absorption, after running the program, create a page in that desired area and see the result of absorption. is it right?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back