Simulation of Transmission line with p-i-n in HFSS

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my first time trying to post about my struggles on the board, please forgive my poor English. These days, I have been trying to get the work done.

As you can see in the figure, the model is similar to a two-wire transmission line with p-i-n materials between them. The 2D extractor of HFSS showed the expected results for the E-field of the structure, while the HFSS (solution type-driven modal) showed a completely different result.

The simulation in hfss is copyed from the 2d-extrator, then set up the Thicken sheet about 10 um, 2 Wave Ports at input and out end, the Integration Line between the eletrodes, the same Analysis Setup. I have tryed to use terminal solution but with no acceptable results.

My question are:
- The results of 2d-extrator and hfss, which one is more reasonable?
- I suggest that mode of the wave port is not correct, but how can i plot the E-field of different mode for checking?
- How to set up the wave port window or terminal port(the conductors use for reference) for such a two-wire transmission line ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…