Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of Transmission line with p-i-n in HFSS

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my first time trying to post about my struggles on the board, please forgive my poor English. These days, I have been trying to get the work done.

As you can see in the figure, the model is similar to a two-wire transmission line with p-i-n materials between them. The 2D extractor of HFSS showed the expected results for the E-field of the structure, while the HFSS (solution type-driven modal) showed a completely different result.

The simulation in hfss is copyed from the 2d-extrator, then set up the Thicken sheet about 10 um, 2 Wave Ports at input and out end, the Integration Line between the eletrodes, the same Analysis Setup. I have tryed to use terminal solution but with no acceptable results.

My question are:
- The results of 2d-extrator and hfss, which one is more reasonable?
- I suggest that mode of the wave port is not correct, but how can i plot the E-field of different mode for checking?
- How to set up the wave port window or terminal port(the conductors use for reference) for such a two-wire transmission line ?

Any help would be appreciated.
屏幕截图 2024-08-30 220110.png
屏幕截图 2024-08-30 220158.png
屏幕截图 2024-08-30 220213.png

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back