Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Networks-on-Chip (NoC) with OPNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantic

Member level 2
Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody

I'm currently using OPNET for simulating Networks-on-Chip (NoCs) with OPNET. I know that it's a bit difficult but I hope I can obtain some good results.

My problem is the following: As far as I know, you have to build a state machine in each process and define which functions you want to execute on each state. When a function is being executed, there are no other functions executing, that is, it's like a blocking process. Because I want as much dynamism as possible, I'm trying to divide all my functions into small ones and putting them in different states. My problem is that I don't know how to make a transition from one function to the others, because there is no interruption at all. There is no packet arriving or no packet being transmitted.

For example: Suppose I want to execute the following algorithm in state A:
A=B+C;
if (A>10) execute function X else execute function Y

If function X is in state X and function Y is in state Y, how can I make the transition from state A to X or Y depending on the result of the addition?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.