Simulate mouse click with micro switch and relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

e-macgyver

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, this is my first post and I'm a total noobie, I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I would like to simulate/create a mouse click using a switch and I think a relay. I'm unsure of what type of relay I need and how to wire this. This will be mounted to my phone so when my Plantronics Receiver Lifter lifts the receiver when I answer a call it will make a mouse click, then when I hang up and the lefter lowers the receiver it makes another mouse click. I am using an old 5 button mouse that I have soldered my wires to the 4th and 5th mouse buttons. I originally thought I could use my lever switch wired so that when down it makes contact for the 4th mouse button and when open breaks that contact and makes contact for the 5th mouse button. This works, except it is always open in either position, keeping me from using my other mouse. I think by using one of the buttons instead of both and a relay, when the receiver is lifted the switch will make contact then the relay will break the contact, simulating a mouse down/up motion. When the receiver is set back down the switch breaks contact and the relay opens back up? simulating anther mouse click. I can make the program I'm using work with either two buttons or one button, they just need to simulate a down/up mouse movement. Any input would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…