Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple transistor noise calculation and simulation

maria98

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i am looking for simple noise calculation of the transistor and cross verification through cadence simulation. I went through many equations, derivations, but did not find any simple example, which has a simple transistor with its calculation and verification. If any one know, please share. thanks.

Hi,

the way you ask .. lets me assume (that´s all I can do without you giving more details) you did not read or did not understand the documents.

It´s like asking: what´s the easiest way to build a formula 1 car.

There are so much parameters to your question, that a simple answer like "V_noise = n * applied_voltage" is not possible.

The answer surely depends on
* what type of transistor you use, like BJT, MOSFET...
* transistor parameters
* what frequency bandwidth you are interested in
* what output measure you expect like V_pp, I_RMS ...
* circuit, voltages, currents, nodes ....
* and many more...

If there was such a simple answer .... why would one use the difficult ones described in the documents?

Klaus

Simple to do with a simulator (Simetrix) :

1719926612327.png

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• Noise-in-Transistor-Circuits-P-J-Baxandall.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Here is output noise at collector and device alone noise.

1719947343980.png

The prior table is accumulated noise over the frequency range simulated. The plot is "per-root-Hertz"

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Random walk, Pink are external sources unless stipulated in Spice, and I see for BJT
spice has no such parameter for either, just one for flicker. PopCorn not "normally"
speced for a BJT, or for that matter most OpAmps.

In the prior sims the BJT does have a flicker parameter, and I am in process of confirming
Johnson is also evaluated in sim....

Regards, Dana.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: