Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Networking using C++??

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek_boy

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design a simple game in C++ which could enable its players to play it over a LAN. I don't want any complications in it. Just a simple game which could be played over a network. For instance, If I'm making a Tic-tac-toe, i want one user on one PC and another one on another PC, and they both are connected via LAN. If player 1 makes a move, it is displayed on both screens, and vice versa.

Just need some guidelines about this. I'm new to programming and Networking. Currently I'm studying Object-Oriented Programming in C++, and this idea struck my mind for my semester project. So, could plz share a link or any tutorial with me which could help me out with that? Or any piece of advice regarding this? Thanks

willing to help you but being not capable of doing so.
i am a newcomer to C++ and Networking too.

You miss forum. For this kind of problems look some game developing forum, for example www.gamedev.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.