Setup a cross-compilation toolchain using Sourcery CodeBench Lite for traget MIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaul

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Having worked only on hardware designs, I am completely new to the development and functioning of toolchains. Hence I need help.

Situation: I am having a MIPS32 uP (h/w custom designed) which has been tested on Altera FPGA. I now want to develop/create toolchain specific for this MIPS uP such that I can run test-cases developed in C on bare-metal target (no OS support). After some internet search I found out that "Code Sourcery Lite" has MIPS support. Hence I have installed "Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2014.11-21 for MIPS ELF" on my Windows machine (because I want to generate an ELF file from the source C code that can run on bare-metal/Altera-FPGA).

Need: I have briefly gone through the documentation 'getting-started.pdf' that comes with Sourcery CodeBench Lite but I would still need a starting point or guidance.
Can someone briefly point out the steps I should follow in order to build/customize a toolchain from the Code Sourcery resources available such that I can generate an ELF/binary for my target MIPS h/w from a C code?
How do I setup this cross-compilation tool-chain?

Looking fwd...
dpaul

Some more info an my post...

It seems there is some problem with the use of CodeSourcery tool. It has a bug for use in Win7 environment which is currently being looked into (source: Code Sourcery Forums). So I can't use it now!

Can anyone suggest me any other free available tools to build a tool-chain running under Windows7 env so that I can generate the ELF/Binary for an MIPS32 bare-metal target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…