Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setup a cross-compilation toolchain using Sourcery CodeBench Lite for traget MIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaul

Advanced Member level 5
Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Having worked only on hardware designs, I am completely new to the development and functioning of toolchains. Hence I need help.

Situation: I am having a MIPS32 uP (h/w custom designed) which has been tested on Altera FPGA. I now want to develop/create toolchain specific for this MIPS uP such that I can run test-cases developed in C on bare-metal target (no OS support). After some internet search I found out that "Code Sourcery Lite" has MIPS support. Hence I have installed "Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2014.11-21 for MIPS ELF" on my Windows machine (because I want to generate an ELF file from the source C code that can run on bare-metal/Altera-FPGA).

Need: I have briefly gone through the documentation 'getting-started.pdf' that comes with Sourcery CodeBench Lite but I would still need a starting point or guidance.
Can someone briefly point out the steps I should follow in order to build/customize a toolchain from the Code Sourcery resources available such that I can generate an ELF/binary for my target MIPS h/w from a C code?
How do I setup this cross-compilation tool-chain?

Looking fwd...
dpaul

Some more info an my post...

It seems there is some problem with the use of CodeSourcery tool. It has a bug for use in Win7 environment which is currently being looked into (source: Code Sourcery Forums). So I can't use it now!

Can anyone suggest me any other free available tools to build a tool-chain running under Windows7 env so that I can generate the ELF/Binary for an MIPS32 bare-metal target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back