Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serious: Switching Mode Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherif8

Newbie level 5
Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I'm working on some project which requires 100v converted from 9v, so i called the basic idea of Boost converter.

The circuit is quiet simple, i use IRF540NS switched from PWM (Pulse Value 3.3v, Pulse Width 278us, Period 300us)

**broken link removed**

I used TI application note **broken link removed** to calculate the values of the coil and the output capacitor using the equations 5,6 and 12, 13.
The inputs are: Vout = 100, Iout(max) = 5mA
After all, L = 148mH and Cout = 511uF

The simulation output is 10v not 100v!!!

**broken link removed**

Any help please?!

I expect, that the strange combination of transistor and diode ratings is only a simulation thing. No step-up action probably happens because the transistor is never turned on with 3.3 V. Review the datssheet.

@FVM Thanks a lot!! That really helped, i changed the pulsed value to 5v and it lastly settled on 100v, have no idea how it did pass me!!

I wuld use a higher rated diode than the 1N4148 - it can only withstand 100V peak and you are probably giving it quite a bit more!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.