Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Seeking Recommendation for a Complete Chip Design Project to Study and Reference

helloo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am currently studying chip design and am looking for a complete, open-source chip design project to use as a reference for my research.

I would appreciate suggestions for a project that includes the full design flow, such as specification, functional design, verification, logic synthesis, and physical design. Ideally, the project should be implemented using hardware description languages like Verilog or VHDL, and include documentation or comments to help me understand the design decisions.

If possible, I am interested in projects related to RISC-V, processors, or system-on-chip (SoC) designs. Open-source projects from platforms like OpenCores, GitHub, or university repositories would be especially helpful.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations!

A good tool is PSOC 5LP, SOC, onchip resources look like this (multiples of them
in most cases). Note each resource(except for simple stuff like gates) has an
accompanying lib of driver code, so one just codes in high level f() calls primarily.

1728438238840.png

IDE (PSOC Creator) and Compiler free. On chip routable internally, community has done
additional/custom components using Verilog/and or schematic capture. Like DDS, 74HC style logic,
CORDIC.....

Note this is NOT open source, a product of Cypress Semi (now Infineon). But its mix signal strength
a good example of what can be done.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back